We all task ourselves with the task of making a list of things we want to do for the New Year and never look at the list again after January.
We all made a New Year’s Resolution list once in our lifetime! ! !
The first item on my list is “Become a multi-millionaire”. Well now…that’s a pretty ambitious goal but not entirely impossible.
Ok, here’s a few things about New Years Resolutions and Goals:
- Keep them simple and realistic.
- Become a Martian? Not in your lifetime but maybe your great, great, great, great, great grandchildren can be born on the planet Mars. They will be called Martians.
- Start a savings account and stick to it – that’s realistic.
- Break your goals down into mini goals.
- Instead of looking at the whole year, set goals for the month or accomplish a goal within two weeks (etc.)
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator
- If you smoke – quit. If it’s hard – cut your intake in half each month.
- Sort through and destroy one box or pile of papers each week.
- Baby steps will still get you to your destination.
- Make a positive list of goals
- Good: I will do (xyz); I can do (123), etc.
- Not good: I will not (xyz); I do not want to (123)
- Do not try it – Do it. (whatever IT may be…and a great quote from Yoda, master Jedi warrior for those Star Wars fans.)
Oh yah…my multi-millionaire goal started January 1st for 2011. So far I have $0.64 but I will keep you posted. Let me know how you do if you decide to try it. Just leave a comment.
Exponential Money Growth – If you saved one penny in a jar every day and you doubled the amount in the jar every day, by the end of the month you would have saved over $10 million dollars ($10,737,418.24). Try it…just think how much you can save with a dime ($107,374,182.40)!!!
How’s that for a New Years Resolution!